Email Marketing Services
When a company sends out promotions, product advertisements, company newsletters, or other calls to action via email, it is engaging in email marketing. These emails are typically sent to a subscriber list made up of current, past, and potential customers with the goal of enhancing and expanding the relationship between the company and its client base. This is all in the hopes of gaining customer trust and loyalty and a willingness to engage in repeat business. Whether it is advertising a deal or raising awareness of an event, email marketing is an easy and effective method of getting your message out to an engaged audience.
Advantages of Email Marketing
When compared to other types of traditional or digital marketing, email marketing has some notable benefits.
- You can track the exact return on investment. You can see how many people opened the email, and how many people took action.
- It is inexpensive to get started. A small business with a small client list can even get by using free email marketing software.
- It is an efficient and cost-effective way to test all different kinds of marketing content. Whether your emails feature videos, links to products on your e-commerce website, or copywriting, email marketing lets you see what forms of marketing your customers react to best and which are ineffective.
- You can stay at the forefront of customers’ minds with informative, regular updates on your products and services.
- Compared to traditional mail, it is much cheaper and faster. Being able to automate parts of the workflow makes it far more efficient than the process of designing, printing and mailing traditional paper mail.
- Newsletters and other promotional emails are intended to be sent to people who want to receive them. You can reach people who choose to receive email communications and thus are much more likely to want to engage with your message.
Choosing an Email Marketing Software
There are many good email marketing providers out there. So which one should you choose? The biggest attributes to look at when deciding between email marketing services are:
- Cost – Many services have pricing tiers and some have free options. Which service has a tier that matches your needs?
- How Many People You Want to Reach – As you scale up the number of emails and subscribers, the cost rises along with them. Which service provides the most cost effective option for your subscriber list?
- Ease of Use – How simple it is for you to develop subscriber lists, create emails and set up automated responders?
- Support and Functionality – How good is the service at enabling you to do what you want to do?
Mailchimp vs. Constant Contact for Email Marketing
- MailChimp is cheap and easy to use. In fact, MailChimp has a forever free plan that allows small businesses to send up to 12,000 emails per month to up to 2,000 subscribers. Paid plans start at $10 per month for 500 subscribers with unlimited messages and scale up from there, which you can calculate on their site. You can also set up pay-as-you-go plans, in which you pay per email and buy emails in the volume that is right for you.
- Setting up an account is easy and you can use a free account to try and test the various basic level features of an email marketing service. In addition to a helpful free option, MailChimp also has an impressive array of guides and other learning resources to help get you up to speed. Moreover, they also offer email and live chat support if you ever have a question that you cannot find the answer to elsewhere. Additionally, MailChimp also offers simple analytics or you can link your account to Google Analytics to help plan and track your campaign.
- Constant Contact, on the other hand, only offers paid plans based on the number of subscribers, starting at $20 per month for 500 subs with discounts if you pay for a whole year in advance. However, you get your money’s worth with an excellent feature set that is extremely beginner friendly. You get easy to understand tracking and reporting, tons of premade templates sorted by industry and function, built-in social media tools, 1GB of personal storage and more. Constant Contact also offers unmatched support with both live chat and email, as well as an immense library of resources and guides on how to get your email campaign off the ground. They offer a 60-day free trial in order to help you get a feel for the service.
Have More Questions About Email Marketing?
Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective ways to keep customers engaged with your company. It is something every small business should consider in order to promote their brand. If you have any questions or concerns with regards to starting an email campaign or revamping an existing one, feel free to contact JSMT Media.