What Are Google Ad Grants & Who Are They For?
The Google Ad Grants program provides $10,000 in free ad spend on Google Ads for nonprofit organizations. The purpose of this program is to help nonprofit organizations generate exposure and extend their public service announcements to a wider audience, which will continue to impact the world in a positive way.
So, how will you know if you’re eligible? Google does provide clear and simple eligibility requirements, and here is how to apply.
Applying to Google for Nonprofits
Google allows nonprofits to spend up to $10,000 per month in order to further extend their reach using Google Ads. In order to check your eligibility, check out these requirements here.
In addition to those requirements, organizations must confirm that they are not:
- A governmental entity
- A hospital or healthcare organization
- A school, academic institution, or university
To qualify for a Google Ad Grant, you must also:
- Hold a valid charitable status in your country
- Have a functional website as recognized by Google
- Adhere to any policies for using your Google Grant funding
- Register with TechSoup
Once this is complete, you are ready to start the verification process. First, you will need to set up a TechSoup account, which handles Google’s verification process. If you do not already have an account set up, you will be able to register once you start the request for a Google for Nonprofits account. Those that are already registered will be able to use their verification token during the request.
Learn more about the Google Ads Advertiser Verification Program.
How To Maintain Eligibility
Once your account has been set up and you confirm your eligibility, it’s important to make sure that you maintain your eligibility. In order to retain your Google Ad Grant eligibility each month, google has a set of rules in place.
- Single word keywords are no longer allowed unless they are branded, recognized medical conditions, and words that include donate, donation, or charities. Keywords using names of places, people or events, are not permitted.
- All accounts are required to maintain a 5% click through rate. If the account does not meet this standard for 2 months straight, it will be cancelled.
- All accounts must also meet the following requirements:
- Geo- targeting that shows ads in locations related to the nonprofit
- A minimum of two active ad groups in each campaign where both contain similar keywords and active text ads
- A minimum of two sitelink ad extensions
Why Does Google Ads Benefit Nonprofit Organizations?
A free $10,000 a month budget can allow nonprofits to specifically target and expand their reach and influence. Billions of people each day come across advertisements on Google, so there is no reason why any nonprofit organization shouldn’t take advantage of the opportunities given by Google Ad Grants.
Nonprofits are able to advertise their own products and merchandise, as long as the money made is going directly to the organization’s cause. They are also able to advertise any speaking or volunteer opportunities.
Take Advantage of Google Ad Grants
Google wants your nonprofit organization to succeed. Take advantage of the Google Ad Grants Program and start expanding your reach to a community of people who are going to help change the world. If you don’t have the time or experience to manage your own Google Ads Campaign on your own, our digital marketing team at JSMT Media can help you get the most value out of your Google Ad Grant.
We have an experienced team of digital marketers that can push your monthly budget as far as it can go. Contact us today for more information.