Make Social Media Marketing Work for Your Business
Social media marketing has become a critical part of digital marketing for most businesses. There are more prominent social media platforms now than ever before, and sending information out to customers with the push of a button has never been easier. However, all of this freedom can make it difficult for a new business to know where to start. At JSMT Media, we can help you identify where to focus your efforts, and how to reach your target audience effectively.
Social media marketing has two major components:
- Social media based Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising, which allows you to reach a target audience that otherwise wouldn’t know about your business. For example, with Facebook advertising you can choose the age and gender of those who see your ad, or even the time of day at which it is posted. This can be a very strong part of a digital marketing campaign, and JSMT can create ads, target the most relevant demographics, and manage your overall campaign.
- Daily posting for your existing followers. We recommend that our clients manage their own daily social media posts in-house, as it is a more personal direct conversation with their customers. However, we can help you decide which social media platform is right for your business.
Finding the Right Social Media Marketing Platform
Each social media platform has its strengths and weaknesses, and it is important to identify which is the best fit for your business.
- For example, Facebook or Yelp are well suited to restaurants, shops, or other business with walk-in customers. You can advertise daily specials or sales, and customers can leave reviews and comments.
- Instagram and Pinterest focus on pictures, so they would be a good choice for businesses that offer something visual, such as creative cupcakes or handmade crafts.
- Sites such as Home Advisor, Angie’s List, or Houzz specialize in home improvement, which makes them a good choice for craftsmen such as plumbers or electricians.
Deciding which platforms are best for your business is the first step to social media marketing success.
Staying Connected to Your Customers
A key part of social media marketing is regularly posting and updating your page. A stagnant social media profile with outdated content can have harmful effects on your business, such as making customers think you are no longer open. Daily social media posts can help keep your customers engaged and spread word of mouth. It is also important to respond to any reviews customers leave on your social media page, positive or negative. You want to be involved in the conversation with your customers and let them know their business is appreciated.