Whenever you are starting a complex endeavor like a new ad campaign, it helps to have an end goal in mind. This goal will inform you on what steps you should take and what exactly to expect out of your campaign if it is properly run. Doing this will help you and those assisting you in actually executing your vision and what the necessary time, money and effort will be to reach your goal.
Goals That Are Useful in Every Ad Campaign
The following are goals for every level of an ad campaign that will ensure you campaign is effective and functioning optimally.
- Having a Properly Structured Account – Having a well organized account is the first step in creating a good ad campaign. Keeping the account organized in a hierarchical structure, with ad campaigns leading into the correct ad groups and those ad groups having the correct ads, keywords and landing pages, will make your overall campaign goals much easier to achieve. It also makes it much easier to adjust your campaign in the future.
- Maximizing Your ROI Within Your Campaign Budget – Your campaign should be made with an end goal in mind. Your daily budget should be what you are willing to spend on a daily basis. We will go over the various goals you can pursue with Google Ads in a later section. Every campaign should be a constantly evolving and changing entity. If you just create an ad campaign and then leave it alone, you are not going to get the best return on investment (ROI).
- Determining Your Best Ads with Ad Groups – At the ad groups level of your account, you want to use ad groups to organize your keywords and ads and then find the ads and landing pages with the best track records for converting.
- Identify Effective Keywords – Keywords help determine when your ads are shown to customers. You want to construct your keyword list to hone in on your target end users while using negative keywords to cut out users who aren’t actually look for your products or services. Doing this will save a lot of money in the long run and help in maximizing the ROI of your keywords.
- Well Written Ads – Your ads should be created with the goal of attracting the right customers with relevant information for products or services they are looking for. Google likes highly relevant ads when showing results and give effective ads better placement in auctions for search or display results. You pay less for high placement when your ads are considered quality.
Setting up relevant keywords backed by effective ads and slick landing pages that provide a good user experience all help to improve your quality score. A good quality scores lets your ads show for a reduced cost per click (CPC), thus making it easier to bid on better placement.
Overall End Goals for Ad Campaigns
So we have talked about the goals of every major aspect of an well-run ad campaign. However, it is also important to have an overall goal in mind for every campaign you construct. The following are overarching goals most ad campaigns will be focused on:
- Increasing Conversions – This is all about completing a transaction. You can aim your campaign to drive sales or conversions online, by phone or to a physical location. This is also great for staying in touch with consumers who already contacted you or who were close to a purchase so that you can convert. This is effective for Search, Display and Shopping campaigns through Google Ads.
- Generating Leads – This is accomplished by incentivizing potential customers who seem interested in your product or service to get in touch with you through a contact form, phone call or newsletter. This approach can be done through Search, Display or Shopping ads.
- Driving Web Traffic – This is for campaigns aiming to getting more eyes onto your website. Ads with dynamic elements and extensions can aid in this. Can be done on Search, Display or Shopping ads.
- Product Consideration – When you want customers to browse what you are offering and tell them why your product or service is the best choice for their needs, then product/brand consideration is your end goal. This is mainly done through Display ads.
- Brand Awareness – If you want people to know your business or product exists, then increasing brand awareness is the correct path. This is also useful for when you are doing something new, whether it is launching a new product, expanding the number of services you provide or opening a new location. You should aim your ads at getting the word out. This is mainly done with Display ads.
Your overarching goal helps inform every other aspect of your campaign, so it is important that you decide what exactly you want to do early in the process. Also know that the loftier your goals, the more money, time and effort is will cost to make it come to fruition.
Need Help With Your Ad Campaign Goals?
Ad campaigns are multifaceted, requiring the right decisions and work at every level to really shine. Many small and medium sized businesses have trouble finding the time to execute their overall vision for their ad campaigns or even to just find time to gain the knowledge they need to make sure things run smoothly. That is why JSMT Media is here to help. We are experts in all aspects of running a strong Google Ads campaign and it does not matter whether you want conversions, leads, web traffic or eyes on your products. We have the experience and knowledge to make the ad campaign of your dreams a reality.