Where Should I Buy a Domain Name for My Website?
GoDaddy, HostGator, BlueHost, Tucows– there are literally a million different domain name registrars to choose from when buying a domain name. As a web development company, every time we think we have dealt with them all, another one seems to pop up.
Most domain name providers have a few things in common:
- Slow propagation times for DNS updates
- Poor email support response time
- Long wait times for telephone support
- Cheesy smooth jazz or elevator hold music
- Cheap domain names, expensive private registration upsell tactics
- Domain name addons upsell tactics
The truth is that using a cheap domain name provider is like buying cut rate car insurance. Saving a few dollars a year is great until you have a problem and need help.
Whether it’s a lost password, username or technical issue, chances are you will need technical support at some point in time. When that time comes it’s no fun for anyone involved.
Buying & Managing Domain Names Made Easy
There are very few points in time where a company hits the nail on the head with a product or service. Something that leaves the competition in the dust, and hits every checkbox from a design and functionality standpoint.
In our experience, Google Domain Names is one of those services.
Our experience working with Google Domain Names has been nothing short of amazing.
Google Domains Difference:
- Super fast DNS propagation times
- Super easy Google Apps email setup & integration
- Superior phone support – no waiting on hold, they call you
- Free private registration – no strings attached
Google Domain Names works like you you would expect a Google product to work. At $12 a year for domain name registration, it almost feels like stealing for the service that you get.
If you registered your domain name with one of the other guys, it’s an easy process to transfer a domain name to Google. We would be happy to assist you if you need help, contact us for more information.