As more and more people use computers and mobile devices to look for goods and services online, having a website for your business is more important than ever. Customers have a wide range of choices available to them, so your website needs to stand out from your competitors. To bring in new customers, your site must be attractive, clean, and easy to navigate. A cluttered and confusing site will frustrate users and drive them away.
Web Design Mistakes to Avoid in 2018
Here are some common web design mistakes to avoid when thinking about a new website for your business.
- Unclear Site Identity – The homepage of your website should clearly state who your company is and what you do. If a customer arrives on your site and can’t figure out who you are and what you’re about, they will quickly move on to somebody else.
- Hard to Find Contact Information – The goal of any business website is to get customers to contact them. If a customer cannot easily find a phone number, email address, or contact form, you run the risk of losing them before they can engage with you.
- A Poor Mobile Experience – Mobile devices are becoming the primary means of browsing the internet for many people, to the point where Google has begun penalizing sites that do not offer a good mobile experience for users. It is imperative that your site is just as easy to use for customers on the go as it is for customers at home.
- Slow Load Times – If your website takes forever to load, potential customers will quickly move on to a faster site. There are several steps you can take to speed up a slow website and improve the overall user experience.
- A Confusing Site Layout – If your customers cannot easily navigate through your site to find the information they are looking for, they will grow frustrated and leave. It is important to make sure that customers can find what they need on your site within a few clicks. Issues like broken links and orphaned pages that can’t be found through the main menu should be monitored and fixed as soon as possible.
- Cluttered and Distracting Visuals – A website’s visual style should not distract from the key information visitors need. An attractive, clean, minimalist design will draw attention where you want it without confusing your customers.